“BEST BLOCKER AND THE MOST INTIMIDATING ONE.” – Anon.



“There is only one Lawgiver who is able to save and destroy. Who are you to judge another?

                                                                                                                                   – James 4:12

DLSU Lady Spikers won. BACK TO BACK Champion. Great job to Mika Reyes and Esperanza! Best blocker and most overawing one, Michele Gumabao, I think that’s still a flattering remark, anyway she cleans up nicely. Rookie of the year, my cabalen, came from our school’s foe, Ara Galang. Season’s Most Valuable Player Aby Maraňo and of course, named as FINALS’ MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, CAPTAIN CHA CRUZ. She is more than valuable, isn’t she? [From: The Evident Veins and Callused Hands, How Hardworking Is She Jersey #11 (Cruz Ch.)]



Yes, I have once made fun of her awe in court. I was not taking it too seriously when I’ve written that part (most overawing one) in the blog. I forgot that I have made some of the people who know her read the blog. That maybe somehow I have hurt them?
In Evident Veins and Callused Hands, How Hardworking Is She Jersey #11 (Cruz Ch.) I pointed out that she has trapped my interest at the very first for she looks like Julie Anne San Jose, someone I extremely am in awe of.
But the real thing about there is that, she really had me at her “CONCEIT, VANITY and SMUGNESS” inside the court.


I was too bored to death watching S74 since it’s my first time to watch UAAP (Yes, first time.) but when I witnessed her giving away a hey-you-got-nothing-on-me look after every block she does, it made me enjoy the game. I was actually pleased so hard and quite annoyed.

I like her the most, at first. But I felt so off. You knew why. I THOUGHT she ain’t someone to be admired.

I even have tweeted, “Is Michele Gumabao trending because she’s the best blocker or because she’s too conceited?”

I was kind of displeased as I have read her bio on twitter that she probably got from 1Corithians10:31, “..do it all for the glory of God.” And yet she gives the impression of doing it for someone else’s glory.

But who am I to judge someone I don’t for real know?
I once have read a blog about a player too, “…if these people can forget what has happened inside the court, why can’t you?”
Too right. We’re talking about the game, how the player takes part in. Does that include the character of the players?

Maybe. But I gotta impose to myself that maybe what you see is not always what you get.
MIND SET.
It’s strange. Mich even knew she already has hate pages on Facebook. Or for sure every other person bashes her on twitter from time to time.
It’s too hard to write about Mich if you knew what kind of writing I am up to and how am I actually doing it. But I am running the risk.
NO, I AM NOT A DISLIKER.

 I am actually so stunned about how she plays. She does it bizarrely, strangely, oddly, peculiarly, unusually, weirdly, and inexplicably.  I am so thankful to her!
Oh come on? Let’s not be hypocrite! Everyone somehow enjoyed the game at its full because of the best blocker!
She made us too lively, full of life, dynamic, vigorous, in action, operating and really moving while watching, that if you’re her hater, you just wanna punch your TV or throw the remote control at anyone in the house, or if you can you’d definitely throw it to her face. CRUEL.

But if you are supporter like me, you’d stand up, punch in the air, throw your hands up and be so cheerful for her, for them. I could really use to take off what she does after a block! If I could also give her a high five or clinch or a tap at her back after every block and shout ONE TEAM FIGHT! It’ll be more fun in the Philippines. (waley)

The thing is, she has contributed much in giving you a very good game to watch. So why can't bear her? If she does that outside the court in front of you then go hate her. But she does not.
MIND SET.
I am so much of a Cha Cruz fan (the team captain is so ideal to admire) but prior to that, I was a best blocker enthusiast. I am so thankful to Mich, for without her, I might have changed channels and have watched other shows that day but I didn’t, because she gave out a very above normal match that made me stayed and stumbled upon the captain of the team, Cha.
I felt unhappy for myself having her somewhat judged, too. I behave like I was resembling the others.
I, in no way, have known her days, I am not aware of her genuine nature.
Matthew 7:1, “Judge not, that you be not judged.”
Then I started being conscious about her. I was not on purpose looking something to read about her but it came to pass that her testimony came out all at once and I have read it enthusiastically :)
It has been giving me creeps ‘til now. This drastically has changed my mind about her. Here are some.


“Sinabi ng Coach ko in 2 to 3 years gagaling ako, pero hindi kilala ni Coach kung gaano kalaki ang God ko, kaya within 1 year at 2nd year ko sa team nasama ako sa first six ng line-up, at nagka-award ng back-to-back champions (she never mentioned the back-to-back best blocker award).”
“(My coach told me that in 2 to 3 years I’ll be excellent at this but he didn’t know how big my God is, that within 1 year and it’s my 2nd year in the team I was included to the first six line up, even had an award back-to-back champions (she never mentioned the back-to-back best blocker award).”
It was so unethical to judge someone who has been working the hardest to receive what she has right now. Yes, RECEIVE.

John 3:27 says, A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.”

Mich knows this, that she won’t accomplish anything if it’s not about Him and FOR HIM it is being done. And she agrees with me in this.

The Lord is amazing. What is immeasurable and impossible to us is made possible through Him.

Now, I feel so blessed having known these people who have started very humble and remained very humble before the Lord. I believe they are humble. Yes I believe, Mich is very humble.
“Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.” – James 4:10

MIND SET.

“Madaming nagsasabi na yang si Michele Gumabao ay mayabang at maangas, and I just told God, it’s the passion to play the game. Napapanood nationally and internationally ang UAAP pero I never played para katuwaan o kainisan ako ng mga tao. I’m just playing for God, not for them because HE is the reason why I’m playing.”
“Most of them say that, that Michele Gumabao is too conceited and haughty but I just told God, it’s the passion to play the game. UAAP’s being watched nationally and internationally but I never played for people to fond of or to hate. I’m just playing for God, not for them because He is the reason why I’m playing.”


In Colossians 3:23, “And whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord and NOT TO MEN.”

Perhaps, that’s the Truth behind her style in playing. We are living in a world where it’s too easy for everyone to pre-judge, jump into conclusions, anticipate, presuppose and presume. We most of the time show people what they want to see from us rather than what we want them to see from us. So foolish. I have experienced walking alone and some other girls would stare at me from head to toe then they would laugh. People have written their bad assumptions about me on our school benches and have thrown nasty words about me. How sad is that? Well, I didn’t cry over those hooligans. Not forcing you to believe me but, I HAVE DONE NOTHING TO THEM. I was somehow bullied. Don’t pay pity, I am tough. I couldn’t lash people out, it’s a work of folly.

When someone’s overweight we tend to discriminate them, he eats more that he can lift.
When someone’s pregnant at 16 we think they’re too (insert profanities).
When someone misspelled or is grammatically wrong in his speech or what have you, he’s unintelligent.
When someone failed his subjects we think he has been too indolent to study.
When someone lost a game, we think he has not given his all or he has not trained hard for it.
When someone wins, we think they’re undeserving that they brag about their win.
When someone cries, he’s frail.
When someone does seem not hurting, he’s hardhearted.

or

When someone writes a blog like this, people think she wants to look too self-righteous, blameless, upright, decent, MS. KNOW-IT-ALL, haughty, stuck-up, and proud or even overbearing. Thanks thugs. BUT NO. So not me.

In Matthew 7:2, “For with the judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.”

MIND SET.
“Why are you trying to fit the world, if you were born to stand out? – ctto.

As Christians, we don’t anymore belong to the world. For the king of this world is Satan. People around us will always have something to say against us no matter how fine you are with what you do. I remember my mentor saying, “The most stupid thing to do is to please everyone to like you.” Undeniably.

Let’s all keep in mind as what Michele has been doing, it is JUST the Lord whom we’re pleasing.


Some might ask me now, what if you just want to make someone a better person and not intending to mar him with what you notice that seems immoral, improper, amiss or inappropriate.

In Matthew 18:15, “Moreover, if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone…” (Read verses 16 & 17)

Yes, maybe I know nothing about volleyball. I can hardly hit a ball in oppose. I can barely serve a ball, oh what’s spike by the way? I can’t do that. It’s not my game. But that won’t confine me from writing about the people inside this game. I have started this, I gotta get it done well too.
I have came across to some of them personally, they are really lovely persons. Very approachable.
I hope people won’t estimate them as to what they see when they play.

As the net in the middle shows that everything’s done evenhanded.
She’s doing extremely good, does she have something to do with your favorite players for not doin well and giving a flawed game?
MIND SET.
When you fall after trying to run towards the ball, does that mean you’re weak?
When you have screamed over someone in the game to boost their morals, does that mean your overbearing?
So is when you smile after a point, does that mean it’s a smirk?
When you’ve delivered a point and chuckle the hardest, even as on the other side of the court someone was slapped ruthlessly by the ball, it means you’re pleased seeing them slightly marred?

Very similar when Mich does the go-try-and-get-ahead-of-us look.
If she herself has said that it is THE PASSION TO PLAY THE GAME, why can’t we just believe it right?
People conclude for their own satisfactions.
I wrote this for people to become very cautious about what comes out of their mouth.
Also have written this because I have done that too and I feel very sorry for it.
In James 3:10-11, “With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.”

Pretty am I sure that it is not WTF, but ONE TEAM FIGHT.
Why am I so sure? Girl’s intuition. I feel so sure about it. Mich’s Dad is a pastor, I know her dad has been helping her out. That I knew she discerns nasty words/profanities are prohibited.
Bear out that I’m wrong with this and I WILL STOP WRITING.
I’m taking too much risk writing this. But life starts when you get outta your comfort zone. God never promised us that it will be easy, but He said it will be worth it.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for the wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.” – Matthew 7:13-14
I don’t hate anyone, nor any team. For God has said that we should love our neighbors as He has loved us. He requires us to love people even if we don’t like them. It’s not being SHAM— it’s a FAR GREATER LOVE.
“But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.”
 -- Luke 6:32-33
I know Mich finds it somewhat fun. Surely she loves when people judge her pessimistically specially when they found out they’re a bunch of wrong.

MIND SET.
MIND SET.
MIND SET.
MIND SET.
MIND SET.
MIND SET.


A fixed mental attitude JUST for a game. Mind set. That’s what the blocker said, they set their minds before their games. She establishes set of attitudes inside the court. 



Mindsets play strange tricks on us. Do not be deceived.


How others see you is not important,
how you see yourself is much more vital.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” – Mark 12:28-31

Matthew 5:38-39, “...but whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

There is a whopping dissimilarity between PLEASING and SHOWING. I am not pleasing everyone to like me, but I am showing them that if the tree is good, so is the fruit. Let’s be careful with our actions, let’s be A LOT careful with our mouths.

I’ll put this down for you to think, Matthew 5:16 says,
“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”

Pastor explained that, though you’re not yet talking, people should have been persuaded already. You dig that? Sorry too poor explanation :p When you’re not yet talking about the greatness of the Lord, people should see you as one great work of God :)


To the Back-To-Back Best Blocker Michele Gumabao, I promise to support you and the DLSU-WVT all the way! *winks* No hard feeling in this haha! I tried to be honest as much as I can without hurting you and anybody :) So I hope, this went well. God bless you all guys tremendously!


-
-
-
-
-
-
Actually the players from different school are all friends off-court, just the fans that are not. Haha.
-


TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY ALONE!!!


Yours in all honesty,
Dang Lising <3

Let’s have some exchanging of short messages on twitter :)
twitter.com/DAAAAAAANG


Comments

  1. Hello. This blog is really good not just because it is written clearly and artistically but because of the message itself. At first, I was just interested about Michelle Gumabao but you have given me the Words.

    Gooo Michelle!
    Let go and let God--sabi ni Gretchen Ho.LOL.

    Please continue blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear that! :) That was my real aim actually, I'm glad you're blessed by God :)Continue seeking the Lord!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts