“I have seeds of greatness on the inside.”


1 John 4:4 “…because He who is in you, is greater that he who is in the world.”

Season 75 has come to pass. 3peat champ.
And again, I haven’t watched any game this season except from March 2 match of DLSU and ADMU which I have downloaded actually. It so happened that I have classes and other commitments, so there’s that.
I noticed something, correct me if I’m wrong, the DLSU-ADMU (some) matches have something in common. La Salle always fails to win 1st and 2nd set that leads us always on getting anxious on the 3rd set.
But the ladies never lose Hope. The Hope they have in their hearts LIVES. On the second set, been reading tweets and post like, “This is what absence of Cha Cruz is.” “Where’s the leadership?” so on, so forth.
But the team has made us eat all our words and has proven us that they’re exceptional enough inside the court.
Twisted game all of sudden on the 3rd set, everything now is in favor of the ladies. And they got ahead of ‘em, they won and has attested that they were indeed made unbeaten through Christ alone. The FAVOR OF THE LORD is on His children undeniably.
.
.
.
.
Is it necessary to care for all people?
God requires us to love people even if we don’t like them. The situation feels like, someone has given me food that I don’t like, but since I don’t like to offend the giver, I’d try my best to taste or if possible, eat it.
Best example is halo-halo, not really fond of this food. Some of its ingredients I can eat the rest I spew out. So I’m actually sorting it so at least I’d look like taking pleasure in it, but the moment I drink its juice, the taste of jackfruit, melon and beans makes me sick. So whether I like it or not, the taste becomes one. The bad taste outweighs the good.
The judgment for sinners has nothing to do with the good works but with their bad ones.

“And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye?  For sinners also do even the same.”  -Luke 6:33

So... What I wanted to say is that, I don’t know how to play volleyball. I wish I had known. But you know, when you happen to know people playing in the game, you get to love the game too.
When you don’t like someone, mind you there’s a big difference of not liking and hating, it’s your impression that makes you hate ‘em. But you look into them deeply, you get to like them.

I love the idea of changing yourself so you won’t get upset by people rather than changing the people so they won’t upset you.

#7 Gumabao, Michele, La Salle-WVT  Lady Spikers, known for the most intimidating blocker which everyone has noticed before. Well, a piece of me has disliked her but redeeming myself I get to like her. (http://ladydianalising.blogspot.com/2012/05/best-blocker-and-most-intimidating-one.html) Finals MVP, by the way.
You see? You don’t really have to say to the person to change himself or you can actually, but if you can’t, then don’t, but be sure to love them despite of imperfections, God will speak to them and God himself will initiate the change. Frankly saying, people think Mich has this not-so-pleasant attitude INSIDE the court.
I repeat that, INSIDE THE COURT.
But this season, God has proven His mighty power of anointing people we didn’t expect that is going to bless us, that is going to reveal God’s greatness through their lives. Who would have thought it was her. Light the world, Mich.

The Hall of Taft, Mika “Yeye” Reyes, has demonstrated that she is more than just a six footer player, well, more than a pretty face as well. She was very quiet last season but as you see, there is a season for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven..). She said on her tweet, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Indeed, she was able to do the winning through Him. Everyone just loves her now. So guys nowadays aren’t afraid to pursue tall girls :p

School’s foe, my cabalen, Ara Galang, has confirmed her continuous growth in the court. Last year’s Rookie of the Year, and this year’s Season’s Most Valuable Player. Yay, like David, she defeated the giants. God promoted you. But I tell her, she hasn’t seen her best days yet. She snubbed you? Ha-ha. Life is too short to be offended. Kill her with your smirk. Praise God for the unforeseen victories.

And the other half of this season’s MVP title, one of my favorites, Aby Maraňo. (Solid, mahal na mahal kita Aby for some reasons that I don’t know hihi.) She just got it all in the game. A-you’re adorable! B-you’re so beautiful! C-you’re so cute! And D- man, you’re DOPE!! God will move you, just wait.

With all their works of FAITH. God gave them the increase.

“I have planted, Apollos watered;
BUT GOD GAVE THE INCREASE.”

- 1 Corinthians 3:6

I want you to read these verses, and have the same love on each member of the team. Because they were made exactly to fit each others’ gaps.
-        1 Corinthians 12:14-27

True that, with the help of ALL THE ENDEAVORS OF EACH OF THEM, the bottom-line is GOD ALONE ALLOWS VICTORIES IN OUR LIVES. HE GIVES THE INCREASE.
“He must increase, but I must decrease.” – John 3:30
For whosoever humbles himself before the Lord, He exalts.



What is GOD’S GRACE?
It’s when you’ve lost two sets in a row, and the opponent took the advantage and offensive to get ahead of you BUT surprisingly they never can and they never will.
            WHY?
The Lord’s power is made perfect in Lady Spikers weakness! (2 Corinthians 12:9) Less of them are more of God. Because winning isn’t everything.


What is GOD’S GRACE?
It’s when almost everybody loses their confidence in the team for those first two sets, saying the loss of leadership is arising, but God never fails to believe in them!
I love this team. Not because they are always the winning team, not because of the skills and aptitude they individually have, but the very evident meekness of them is not the weakness but God’s strength under control. They never fail to enjoy the journey.

I haven’t seen any game, even watch, all I did was updates. I saw some photos that broke my heart. The tears the Lady Eagles has shed. Anew, they ended up short. A friend teases me always since he’s a blue fan. So when I get really mad at him I would slap this to his face, “The favor of the Lord is in His children.” And he always gets upset. Some things you can’t get back, treasure moments that you could play together inside a court, because reality says, there ain’t matches better than a DLSU-ADMU game. They’re meant to brush each other off. It’s not the end result but the quality of time. The miracles of God are along the game, don’t be so caught up in your goals and so focused on the destination which is winning.
You guys (players) are making memories, and we’re (supporters) having fun.

God made us victorious, when I say victorious, not just in terms of competitions, but on other else fields of life.
It doesn’t take a lot of accomplishments to have fun.

Philippians 4:6 In everything give thanks.. I want to quote Ptr. Osteen, “Any time you have the opportunity to complain, let that be a reminder to give God praise.”


(I am actually currently watching MYX, Iya just did congratulate the Lady Spikers! And said, she couldn’t get any prouder, so am I.) I am really proud of these guys, if it even counts of make a difference as I’ve said it.

I’d love to quote Pastor Rey Galvan’s formula of SUCCESS. It goes like this.
SUCCESS = PREPARATION + OPPORTUNITIES
Where:
Success = God’s victorious life for you.
Preparation = Education (Intellectual), Emotional and Spiritual training.
Opportunities = God-given opportunity


Since opportunities are God-given, preparation on the other hand is man’s part in success. No matter how much you got prepared, if God hasn’t given you opportunities, it’s senseless. On the other side, no matter how many opportunities God has been giving you, if you haven’t exerted effort well on preparing yourselves into it, it’s futile as well. So these two things come hand in hand, but FAITH plays the biggest role.


All has prepared for the UAAP S75, everyone has trained very well. They all have coaches, so what has the Lady Spikers done in order to claim all these big things?
I once have tweeted Mich, “Hey I saw you and all the other girls, wearing the same thing, the FULL ARMOR OF GOD. I love it.”
Let’s say, God gave them the opportunity to prove that there is a lot more than just a women’s volleyball team. (I saw some pictures with our volleyball varsities in Baguio with the Lady Spikers, and I was like, I wished I was just a volleyball player instead of runner, kiddin!)
Blessed are they for their goals are according to the will of the Lord, and God permitted them to win.
John 3:27, “..A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven.”

God is so amazing, amen?
I remember when I was asked to speak for a seminar (well he also asked other people so don’t get WOW-ed there haha) as far as I can recall, I was so dreaded speaking in public. Sadly, the seminar wasn’t conducted yet for some reasons. Well, I always stutter. I was not confident all the time them. I feel like I am a mediocre back then.

So there’s this change (Galatians 2:20), from bad stature to better position. And you know what, it gets better every day.

Now I can confidently, in faith, speak in front of people, not because I am good, but because God is good that He anoints me. I still stutter by the way. But I fight it.

When I was in high school, I walk on streets with my head bowed, every time, and almost all people noticed that. They say, “mala-malarine neman yan.” (Mahiyain in Filipino). But now I can walk with my head up, not because I am too full of myself but because I am too full of my God.

Enough of I, me, myself.


A Lady Eagle fan/friend said this to me, “Hindi naman ako nalungkot masyado dahil natalo sila. Natutuwa ako kase sabi mo nga, God will not put His children into shame, nabeblessed ako kase napatunayan nila kung gaano kapowerful ang God nila na God ko, na God natin.”
So there’s that!
Another cute flick, another texted me while it was Game 2 airing. He said, “Game 2. Galing ni Fille no!” I wasn’t replying so when I got to know that we ( “we” talaga no feeling teammates lang and part of the team) actually won, well I texted him immediately saying,
 “Aaah, you were saying something about Game 2? Hahaha *smirk*”
Anyway, kidding aside.
Christians are flowers that bloom wherever planted. No matter how many dry plants and fallen leaves surround them. I love that. I could be a sunflower.

No one can steal your joy! (John 16:22)

No one can steal your joy, so when you lose it, it was not taken from you, you gave it away then.

And you must not be saddened if you lose a game, if you lose doing it for God. Because with each lose today, is an opportunity to get better and win each day tomorrow. The more you lose, the more your victory gets sweeter when it reaches you. This is for you pretty ladies in blue flying.

Do not struggle for success, but you struggle on serving the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalms 37:4)

Be always grateful. You win, you praise God. You lose, praise God even harder. There are a lot of things you can be thankful for though you were defeated at some points, just the fact that you were given a chance to play on a prestigious event like that should make you feel blessed.
Let no one complain for what they don’t have. Make it through Lady Eagles, make it through better off than you were before. You actually have an advantage, you’re an eagle, and you can fly at heights to which no other birds can soar. (as Ptr. Osteen said.)
Soon, God will promote you J



Now to the Lady Spikers, don’t just give the God’s message to people, be God’s message to them. Thanks Pastor O for this.


Here’s to the believer who’s reading this virtual paper, YOU HAVE SEEDS OF GREATNESS INSIDE YOU.
You are made for something bigger, don’t spoil it.

Memory verse:
Philemon 6, SHARING OF FAITH BECOMES EFFECTIVE BY THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF EVERY GOOD THING WHICH IS IN YOU IN JESUS CHRIST.

Shalom!

© DANG LISING

Comments

  1. Hi, Dang! Reading this article was not an accident. Actually, the battle cry of Proverbsville School Inc. for this school year is GREATNESS: Expect great things from God and attempt great things for God. It was really amazing that I got interested in reading all your articles then I suddenly bumped in this one about "seeds of greatness." I would just like to agree that God has planted seeds of greatness within us even before we started to discover what we want for our lives. But actually you know it is not about WHAT WE WANT but WHAT GOD WANTS for our lives. Let's continue taking good care of the seeds for them to become strong and tall trees someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heyya! I miss talking to you! :) Glad what we have here :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts