Because we are but fighters.

I was very much sad about the losses. 

I am more than confident that they’d easily go through this finals and so I was very at ease. Right now, im still very hopeful that can’t deny the uncertainty. Not saying I doubt their aptitudes, but let say I am quite impressed to the other team. At least.

But my hopes soar high like eagles, and will never flock! Mann did I just say eagle? I changed my mind, my hopes soar high like Katniss’ bow and sure will hit President Snow! Just like that.

We are a team here and all the others are just hungry to hunt us all down, but we are fighters. And what do fighters do? They fight and so we fight!

If you rely to your own abilities, you will soon get tired, but if you rely to the grace of God, sometimes you get tired but it is a tired where you can recover from.

The power of being a volleyball player is on the end of the hands and the heart. When you extend your hands to God and try to use it in praying, it does the playing.

But the heart above all is very deceiving, and most of the times we don’t realize that it gives us the wrong desires and motivations. But this is the promise that doesn’t fail, “Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

If you aim to just get the finals just because you wanted to get UAAP titles in a row and make history, forget it. If you aim to get it because it is shameful to lost with Ateneo, forget it. If you fight because you want to get ahead of the lady eagles, forget about winning. It’s not going to make sense.

But if you fight because you want to glorify the Lord with your God-given talent, because you want to get ahead not to them but to the previous you, because there are people who are rooting for you and rely on you to get motivated in their lives, and if you fight because there are people here who will support you no matter what happens, whether with a trophy or not, people who root you to win not because it makes them happy to see you win but it makes them happy to see that you are happy. Happy.

When you fight for these reasons, then I guess, you’ll understand me when I say...

Victory is not the result of a game, rather it is the result of who you become after a game.
We will fight. 



Because we are but fighters.



Glory to God who causes us to triumph.


Lovingly yours, 
Dang

Comments

  1. I am cha cruz mom. I so very much agree. I am always telling this to her and her siaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday our Pastor preached about having a "wrong heart". Indeed we must guard, feed and exercise it through the use of God's Word.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts