Evident Veins And Callused Hands, How Hardworking Is She (JERSEY #11 CRUZ CH.)








This is just the second time that I have written a blog for someone. 
Check my first in my previous posts. I don’t find it fun writing something that’s so mainstream.
I’m too busy for these kinda things but whenever I feel like writing about someone, it means it has gotten really severe. No matter how busy I get, I can find time for this.



Yes, I am writing about De La Salle University Women’s Volleyball Team Captain Charleen Abigaile R. Cruz A.K.A. CHA CRUZ #11 (Lady Spikers). 

 

People say she’s too old hand and all the others that is why other teams get lost on their games against DLSU. That they don’t actually do real studying; that they JUST play. Ooh that’s so unjust. If  I’m right, she has stopped playing volleyball and just got back when she was in 4th year in high school, others have played volleyball in their entire high school life and..


They say she has been playing for many years. Thought she has put up profession on playing, but maybe not. There was a time that she needed to do no play for the school because of her studies. Seven years? One year that they were suspended, one year for her studies. That’s just five playing years. Get that? Okay let say she maybe the oldest but she has ESTABLISHED A LOT. Four championship titles, two finals MVP. She has finished Psychology and even taking up MA in Special Education. Definitely she is BEAUTY and BRAIN. I can’t figure out how come people talk about other players’ beauty while talk about Cha as one eminent player, when APPARENTLY she’s one of the PRETTIEST, is that right? Well that’s good, my point is, why unheeding her loveliness? 
Anyway.

So what made me so determine to write about her? I don’t know. Help me to find it out as I write this.
I’m such a fan girl. Fan of every awe-inspiring, great singers. Dancers too. But this is something far from the usual; I just did become fan of an athlete. Well, I’m an athlete too, Track & Field in particular. But how on earth it happened that a volleyball player inspires me all of a sudden?

I don’t know, again. I have no idea in exact. Help me figure it out.

One mind-numbing Saturday afternoon, I’m chilling at home watching TV. Got really bored, so I decided to give it a try watching UAAP. So I did it. UAAP S74 Game 2. Oh and DLSU Lady Spiker #7 Michele Gumabao caught my interest at first for the reason that she looks like my bebe Julie Anne San Jose! :D (I like La Salle. If they’d ask me between DLSU and ADMU, out of nothing I bleep La Salle. No meaning behind. But I am not from La Salle.)

 


So I’m having quality time, enjoying it. The announcer (whatever you call those guys) kept on saying CHA CRUZ, CHA CRUZ, CHA CRUZ, CHA CRUZ, and CHA CRUZ. Cha Cruz. The camera focused on #11 and I mouthed, “Daaang! That’s the best smile I’ve ever seen!” (Left alone at home so I can actually do that). Whenever the camera shows them individually, close up, she smiles. She smiles always. She smiles all the time or even grins. She has a very prominent smile.
 
 
 
I got so curious about em. 


Got so much hyped! I was so excited for the last game, Wednesday. I suddenly wanna hasten the time and get Wednesday on the way! Days passing before the last game probably, reading so much researches, blogs, interviews and stories about them J I fell in love with the team. I even admire how courageous they are for having a manly haircut which is the hardest thing I guess to do. Most especially I admire Cha..

Even had a deal with a friend for the last game, if ever, in exchange for just a glass of iced tea. (Guys, it’s a bad thing to gamble, okay? Course, mine’s just fooling around.)

THE LAST GAME. ADMU Lady Eagles gave a flawed game. So it was too light for the Lady Spikers to get on top of them. They were really skillful (Lady Spikers). You can give the ball to anyone and expect her to deliver the point. They did go and get them as I say.

DLSU Lady Spikers won. BACK TO BACK Champion. Great job to Mika Reyes and Esperanza! Best blocker and most overawing one, Michele Gumabao, I think, that’s still a flattering remark, and anyway she cleans up nicely :p Rookie of the year, my cabalen, came from our school’s foe, Ara Galang. Season’s Most Valuable Player Aby Maraňo and of course, named as FINALS’ MOST VALUABLE PLAYER CAPTAIN CHA CRUZ. She is more than valuable, isn’t she?

 


I bring to mind what she has said before the game, her last game; she doesn’t want to end up her journey with a busted heart. I nearly cried. My heart was breaking when I saw her weeping like a child. I knew how it feels to leave something that you’ve been used to do, you love to do, where you found happiness. When it became part of your system. Most especially when you are excellent at it.

I deem and I know everyone would be of the same mind to me that,

Cha Cruz fought a good fight.
She has finished the race.
She kept her faith.


She completed a legacy.

Minutes gone, I felt sad. I just realized I was too not on time. JUST TOO LATE.
Sinking in, I remember it’s Cha’s very last game. LAST GAME. Five awesome playing years and I just did happen to watch TWO games of her. Just UAAP S74 Game 2 and 3 of DLSU vs. ADMU .
WHERE ON EARTH HAVE I BEEN?
I feel very left alone. I thought of why didn’t I on the past years think of watching it. I did watch, but wasn’t really paying much interest. I had all the possibility. But still, thank You, it took me the shortest time and made me startle of how she plays. She HAS PLAYED. Good grief.

*long sighing*

I found Cha’s FB account, have read her status and it made me teary-eye. I like her outlook of thanking hooligans too for making her exchange blows ever more, IN YOUR FACE now! Ha-ha-ha. (Sorry, I am not really a very melancholy person.) This is the highlight.
“I want you to know that it is not me who won the battle but IT IS GOD WHO DID EVERYTHING. I’m just an individual that became an instrument so that I can inspire and show people how almighty He is..... God is soooooo amazing!! To God be the glory alone!!

I even sent this message to my friends. They were stunned on how God is working on her. Before, I was asking myself, how can I glorify God by doing my best in everything that I do, so that’s the reason, SO PEOPLE WILL SEE HOW ALMIGHTY HE IS. I owe that to her. It means a stinking world to me :p Kidding aside, it was so kinda life inspiring to me.

I felt really fine after. I am a Christian and to read this from someone you look up and have a high regard for is really something enormous. Indeed, God is more than the greatest!


“Do not be sad. Be glad that it happened. “
I’ve lighten up my face, and thought of how blessed I am still for having the chance to know Cha, not personally of course. Even just two games. Have you imagined that I wouldn’t have known her if ever? But I did. Because God wants me to become conscious about something.
I wanna bump into her.
Know what’s the hardest thing about this?

She ain’t a public figure that you can see everywhere.

Not songstress that you can hear anywhere.

Not a dancer that you can watch anytime on a variety show during Sundays.

She owned no show.

She’s not active on Twitter. (My baaaad. Thanks to Ate Tin!)

She has a very private FB account. (Which is I understand.)


But still, I have YouTube to see her from afar. Past games. Rare quick interviews. Fan-made videos of her photos. Photographs by Tin Pe Benito, Leslie Sy, Ken Koo and Ryan Ong are the best, those priceless moments that were captured by their overpriced cameras hahaha, slow claps for them everyone! Shows featuring them.

JUST THAT.

 I don’t know where to set up, I’ve been dreaming of meeting people that I look up to the most, 
but I CAN’T RESIST IN PUTTING HIGH HOPES TO SEE HER. I couldn’t let this jiffy not heed. How would I start?
 I am so clueless. 

 

I felt really good this morning when I have read another interview of her. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. After the championship, right after the game, the next day she right away went back to SCHOOL and completed her requirements for her MA in SPED.

She wants to be a teacher for special kids. WOW. How thoughtful she might be?
When I was kid, like every child wants, I also wanna be a teacher but I went the other way, Im planning to be an architect now, hopefully. But I’ve said to myself, I’m still goin to teach. TEACHERS ARE LIKE, THE  BEST.

As I’ve already said, Cha has struggled on her studies because of her game. She hasn’t played actually one season of UAAP. But she said, it is worth. God is good. I just so know what it feels. It’s so hard when your heart loves two earthly things, (after God.) and you wanted to step up on both. It hurts when others say that these people JUST play. They play AND study. I respect Cha on that. I know she’s striving the hardest but knowing she has laid God first in everything that she does, those will without doubt fall into right places. God said He won’t forsake His children, that whatever His children ask in His name, He will give it. He won’t stop doing good.

God has been blessing Cha Cruz so much. 
So am I. 
So are you.

I see other athletes or whoever says they do play to glorify GOD and yet they seem not to. They do nasty things, or whatever. One thing that everyone should know about being Christian is not just the way you talk about God, or how much verses you know about the bible, (of course it’s essential to know everything about the bible) BUT INSTEAD IT IS A WAY OF LIVING.—Living according to the will of the Lord.

This does not exclaim that you have to be flawless, you can’t be perfect. Making mistakes is so much of a human thing. But letting those mistakes become mistakes forever is a different thing. God said if you confess your sin you will be forgiven. I’m sounding like I’m preaching but there’s nothing sinful with that.

Keep in mind that trusting God in every situation of your life is NOT the last thing to do. Cliché but, putting God in everything that you do will result to something really good.

When everything’s becoming a mess, when you are left with NOTHING but GOD, YOU HAVE ENOUGH TO FIGHT. 

Been tryna have power over myself from “fangirl-ing” (if there is such a word like that but I knew you know that) because Cha herself said, to God be the glory alone! This is precise right. I love how she tries to make everyone knows that our God is the greatest.

When I see great people like Cha, from every square millimeters of my loving heart, I say, GOD IS TO BE SURE THE GREATEST. What a blessing He has done to these people, to Cha Cruz. To you who know her. To us whom she inspires. How almighty He is.

But don’t you ever feel so envious. God is making each of us a diverse divine plan. But if you still do, learn by heart that affliction is available in abundance but so is the GRACE OF THE LORD.

God has so many blessings for you, ONLY IF YOU ASK THEM.

CHA CRUZ is a living proof (phrase so middle-of-the-road) that God is working in every aspects of our living, ONLY if you allow Him to.

I always thank God for everything. Folks, possessions, undertakings, what have you.

From a point of view of a fan at the same time a child of God, I do thank God for Cha Cruz, she reminded people of giving your preeminent so others will see how great our God is, not how great she is.(Course she has credits from above. )

It was never a must to be the best everytime, but it is definitely a big thing to GIVE YOUR BEST EVERYTIME. Push it for God. Whatever you do, do it heartily as to the Lord not to men. Do it all for the glory of God.


“Seek ye first the kingdom of the Lord and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you.”   -Matthew 6:33

God says, YOU DESERVE MORE THAN WHAT YOU DESIRE.


I took this opportunity to hit two birds right away, one is to pay respect and give thanks to Charleen Abigaile R. Cruz (Cha Cruz) for what she has done in honoring God and showing how almighty He is through her way of living, but above all, is to give ALL THANKS AND PRAISES AND GLORIES BE TO GOD.

For all the CHA CRUZ’ supporters, let us set her as an exemplar and always ask for God’s guidance.
She made a legacy, NO, God made her a legacy. Wake up call that is not about you, it’s all about Him.

I am still hoping and planning and praying to see Cha Cruz in person, I have to see that bestest smile in the world *for me*. I have no idea how to start, but maybe counting it to my prayers is a big stride towards it.
I’m calling all CHAddicts! HAHA. I kid. I hope God would permit it to take place, if not, no snag. But for now, I am inviting surprises to happen, surprises that perhaps tomorrow, or the other day, or next month, or next year or next next years...


NOTHING HAS CHANGED.



*long heavy sighing*



God bless you! Thank you so much for giving away few minutes of your life by reading this! J



TO GOD BE THE GLORY ALONE!



Let’s have some exchanging of short messages on Twitter! 
Follow me at twitter.com/DAAAAAAANG
-      Dang Lising <3




P.S.
That’s where my blog supposed to end up, it was more than a few days in the making, I just keep my thoughts coming and write everything that comes outta my heart. But just this afternoon, I was browsing photos on CHA CRUZ FANATICS group in Facebook, where I recently have joined, when a picture seems so strange. I opened it and, daaaaaaaaang! Someone had my tweets for @welovechacruz printed screen! I was freakin out. I was so freaked out, really.

So many likes, thank you. I have read all your comments, some felt lucky to know her since she was a rookie, some knew her on S71 or S72 or whatsoever. Some felt bad for me but at the same time made me feel blessed of STILL having that chance to know her. Don’t be anxious guys, of course I’m fine. Ate Tin Pe Benito has promised me that she will not stop taking photographs of Cha, so that made me really fine! .REALLY JThat means a bunch since my crazy obsession is grabbing photos of random people as long as photos are very expressive which is for sure her shots are, I’m doing very well, everything’s fine.

We will all be fine for sure by the grace of the Lord :)

Thank you so much! :*

 

(Sorry for the not-so-good edit :p)


 

Comments

Popular Posts