THE G.A.P. (GREATEST ANSWERED PRAYER), A TESTIMONY OF GOD’S YES


Not a lil girl anymore, simply wasn’t interested in major league volleyball. Then one day I went in front of the television and saw a game for myself. It changed everything.

Maybe a week or two, I have written a blog which is the Evident Veins And Callused Hands, How Hardworking Is She (Jersey #11 Cruz Ch.) about my concerns of my life, about me appealing in an aim so out of the question. And now this one is the sequel :)

When I have read ate Tin’s tweet about Cha’s invite on their church anniversary, I startled for I know I can’t join. I replied, “Wow! Very nice!”

She has replied, “Join us! Introduce kita kay Cha, just let me know it’s you :)
I freaked out. Why’d she do that? So set apart. I started thinking of approaching but never really serious about, it’s too hopeless. Unaccompanied. 

It seems too difficult to get.
It wouldn’t crop up.
It can’t simply happen.

Felt so disturbed. It’s a NOW or NEVER setting in my life. If I let this get ahead of, surely I’ll express extreme grief.
I prayed it over to God for I know that nothing will be impossible to the One who made heaven and earth. He’s definitely my source of help and hope.
I can’t go alone, so I thought of pleasing someone. Someone who fell in love with Cha after reading the blog. Not to mention he has no idea who’s Cha before. I ponder him as one of the links.
Couple of days, we’re exchanging messages what to do, or whatsoever. But I myself wasn’t sure, too risky, fully loaded of school works that I might not get it all done in time and I got no paper---major dilemma. The event was on a Sunday, and Sundays are always for GOD (referring to church time, of course everyday is about God), also Sundays are for PLATES and SCHOOL WORKS which I have on that same week in ABUNDANCE, so it’s too tough.

I overly appreciate ate Tin’s effort in making ways towards it. Such a striking person she is. I mean it.

On that day, Mom just knew I am already Christian. I couldn’t lie to her that I am going to attend a church anniversary too far. She okayed NOT but I am unstoppable. It was a long ill at ease silence between us.

I knew she knew I have changed a lot. Just so you know I’m not a terrible person. I always think I’m one of the nicest not until I knew I needed Christ as my personal savior and Lord. That being nice is not enough.
“For by the grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is a gift of God, not of works, for fear of anyone should boast.” Ephesians 2:8

Still giving it a try asking permission from parents about the concert. Good Lord I have! Finally they said yes. I know they will, they have faith in me so much.
The night before my most awaited day, I just went home from overnight because of our major plate in Design class. I had no enough sleep, I was even feeling unwell, get outta bed at 7.
Baad, head’s pounding really hard, my whole body’s sore, asked Mom for medicines and she said, “Wag ka na kayang tumuloy?” I insist in coming, anyway I will still go to church so I probably would feel a lot better after. Went to church. So blessed again.

Heading to Manila, first time I got in a bus ALONE. I took two and half an hour ride, first time I met this guy personally, Lem! My company, very nice he is!




Rode in LRT. Jeep. Finally walkin to Valenzuela Astrodome. We almost have passed it but something really strange made me look at the back right side, what I saw gave me a wide grin on my face, signage says, “VALENZUELA ASTRODOME.”
Leading to the main entrance 5 meters away….



I SAW HER.

I saw CHA CRUZ.



Wait, did I just really see her?

Yes, it’s CHA CRUZ with Cienne and Camille as ushers at the main entrance.
She is truly, overly, extremely, very beautiful person. I kid not. I am not exaggerating.
Cha has said this with so much willingness and genuineness because she saw us stopped from coming in, “Pasok po kayo! Wag po kayong mahiya!”

We did go closer, I couldn’t stare at her. When I do stare at her, my eyes locked looking at her. She asked us to sign something, I was just like, “Whuut?” I was really lost. I was filling it up with “Lady Diana Lising” when..
Out of nothing Lem said, “Si Dang.”
I was assessing at the time, why on earth did he do that! She prolly has no idea who am I.


But I was extremely surprised to hear this coming from her mouth. I just couldn’t believe this.
Cha said, “Dang… Dang? Dang?! Yung nagsulat nung blog?” (With gestures of writing for example)
I answered, “Yap! Nabasa mo na?” (While writing on the paper that she asked me to sign, wasn’t looking at her coz way too shy)
Cha has replied, “Naiyak nga ako eh!”
(Flat line___________________________________________________________)
I have no idea how she knew me by name, at least, and how she remembers the blog by this name, “DANG.” Maybe because God’s children have pretty good memory I guess.  Can someone please tell me what to feel now?

Then she handed me a fan (pamaypay) and said this with full of sincerity, “Para sayo ito
J
Really, it’s like she’s handing me a touch that is very crucial. I looked at her and just smiled :’>
I was so speechless.

I really had no words to say. I was so unprepared for that. I’ve been running through what to utter if ever I’d see her but all were washed out. In my mind I am thanking the Lord God the hardest. She has been bringing so much happiness to me, for real. (Cha, you don’t know that and you have no idea.)  
God has been bringing so much happiness to my living.

It was my first time to do fangirl-ing in act. EXCEPTIONAL.

Sitting for couple o’ minutes when ate Tin finally saw us and she has recognized us as I waved and said hello! She really is very thoughtful! Then she asked us to come with her, she’s goin to introduce me to Cha as she promised. I was too shy for a reason that she has just seen me for awhile ha-ha! Now I am freaking out, but tryna be composed. She called out Cha. Ate Tin even told her a lil story of me having just watched two games of her. JUST TWO PIECES OF GAME out of FIVE YEARS OF PLAYING and how sad is that? You can even barely see in your mind's eye.

I just couldn’t look at her. Cha said again that the blog has made her cry, like it’s a first.
Cha’s saying something but I didn’t hear it (Like this most of the time, maybe I have a problem in hearing) aargh.
“Hah? Ano yun?” I said.
“Aaah… *insert words I haven’t heard again brrrrrr* Christian ka diba?” Charleen said.
On that note, I was so sure that she really has read my blog. I mentioned it there that I am Christian and I’m so proud not to myself but for the Lord we have.
Cha suddenly gave me her hand. I stopped and looked at her, so I should give mine too I guess? She shook hands with me <3

“Cha, picture? :’> “ I said. So we did take pictures.
I look so terrible on this photo while she, looking really stunning ha ha ha frus-tra-ting.





So went back inside.
The concert is extremely awesome!! God is overly incredible!! Even beyond that description! I just couldn’t say more! I love You Lord :) You the best :)

Cha delivered her testimony---how she has accepted Christ as her personal savior and Lord :) On how she keeps holding on to what God has promised her. She’s weeping. Always there are moments where everyone’d ask, “Why God? Why is this happening to me?”

There will always be down moments in life. If there ain't one, that’s not life. “There is something worse than falling down---it is staying down.” #ODB We come closer to God when we have problem, shortcomings, whatever is that. Not a bad thing. It’s not bad to ask something to the Lord but have you ever start a prayer saying,
“Lord You are extremely amazing!”  “Lord You are the greatest!” Or “Lord You are the best!”
If yes, then good for you! Have you ever thanked God for a problem? No? Usually what we answered is no. Why’d we thank God for problems right?
But here’s the thing.
When you have problems in life, it means God trusts in you so much. That He knows you can handle it. And remember that He already has the solution for that, you just need to ask for it.
“No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” - 1Cor10:13
When you are tempted, it’s an OPPORTUNITY to do the right thing :)
When Satan’s testing your faith, do the right thing, it’s like saying IN YOUR FACE when you did the right thing.

Life is tough, but you can be tougher.

Life on earth is just a temporary assignment. Visualize the eternal life. There is really heaven. I’ve never been there of course but, “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see.” – Hebrews 11:1
Cha has cried her testimony out. She was looking kinda tense. Of all the titles she has established and has received, this one rapt me.
Cha Cruz is “A DISCIPLE OF CHRIST.”
I really love her being very humble to lift God’s name to the highest! That’s the topmost reason why I exceptionally like her.
AND YES PEOPLE, I HAD MY MISSION…ACCOMPLISHED.
I even have seen far greater beyond that.
I just couldn’t believe I stood up next to the Lady Spikers praising and worshipping God! SURREAL!
The devotion was SOUL-WINNING again. I wanna be a Soul-Winner. Not just I want, but I JUST REALLY HAVE TO. For our God saves. His love endures forever.
Soul-winning is something very close to my heart. I was crying when I am explaining this in our cell group while asking, “What if one day, you see yourself standing in heaven then when you looked down you see your mom, dad, brother, sister or friends down in hell crying the hardest, feeling so much pain that will be there forever—eternal punishment, and then one of them has said this to you, “why haven’t you mentioned the way of salvation to us? Every day, we wake up every morning, we see each other, we watch together, we live together, why have you not told me how to get in heaven?” what if they said that?”
My heart’s weeping really hard because I value you, yes you who’s reading this. I want you to be with me even after the end of time. I may look so desperate now, but I do always keep in mind that the last day is always now.

The Way Of Salvation
“I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father except through Me.”
                                                                                              - John 14:6,
If you wanna be saved, you have to accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior and Lord
J No harm :)
It’s a lifetime commitment. Many people would reject me I know, many would turn around from this. Many would think I’m outta my mind. That’s okay. But I am telling this to you because I really value you so much. I mean it. I may not know you personally or maybe I do but I care for you, see for yourself how great God is through this person I am writing about and to the wonders of meeting people whom I thought would never had a chance with :)

Proceed in the tale, they were giving away food finally, haven’t taken breakfast and lunch that day. In front me is Cha giving away food, about 0.60 meters away (Ehem Architecture Student peg).  When I got the food, I can’t eat. So what we did is we went to where ate Tin, Mika E. and Gohing are, and ask for a photo and sign
:)
Mika’s eating, so I was saying sorry a bunch! She’s such a cutie saying, “okay lang, okay lang, okay lang talaga no!”


Also had a shot with Melissa Gohing, she is so stunning and so fly! Looking so gorgeous! She’s so nice that she was even the one who said thank you first :)




Then I wanted that time to have a picture with ate Tin but she thought I was kidding. So we just went back to our seats. We ate.
Then about to go, but haven’t had a sign from Cha so we again looked for her. 
We went over there and when she saw us, she has said, “Hi ate!”
And I was like, “Ay 18 palang ako ATE.” Hahaha (Do I look that old? Yea?)
She smiled. Asked her to sign my fan with my name, and surprisingly she didn’t ask for my name and saw her writing “Thanks Dang!” so I said, “Naks naman, natatandaan nya name ko. “










She smiled. She smiles all the time :)  THEN SHE WENT AWAY. THAT’S IT. BYE. Oops.

Saw Ate Tin again and so I insisted on having a picture with her! Janjararan!!! 




Then I spoke to her, “Ate, alis na kame, thank you talaga ha!”
Ate Tin replied, “Oh alis na kayo? Oh wait tawagin ko si Cha.” *Calling Cha*
Cha to Ate Tin: “Wait lang tinatawag ako ng mga cell leaders namen!” *fading shout*
We’re standing and waiting for Cha when ate Tin said, “Tara punta tayo dun, lapit tayo!
FINALLY. Standing again in front of each other, circled.
Cha, Ate Tin, Lem and I. We were staring at each other.
Ate tin: “Nainspire mo sya Cha!”  (Me smiling)
Cha: *looking too shy* “Nabasa ko nga yung blog, naiyak nga ako eh!”
(Cha, unli? Unli? Ulet ulet? Hahahahahahaha kiddin! Mwah!!)
I raised my right eyebrow and smiled to her :)
Tongue-tied again…
Cha: “Laguna ka nyan (lem) tapos Pampanga ka pa (me), salungat talaga no! (while making gestures)
I nodded and smiled.
The Awkward Silence again… The Awkward Silence again…The Awkward Silence again…
At the back of my mind, I have to say this or else I might grieve over this at the end of the day for not being able to say this, I could afford to have no photographs and signs, BUT NOT THIS.
“Ate Cha, pweding pa-hug?”     
Then she hugged me very tight. :’>
It was a squeezing sweet embrace from someone I have put my hopes so high meeting. That hug might mean nothing to her, but for me it means a stinking world. Someone I thought I will never ever meet anymore because she has just completed her five playing years with so much hard works. The first person I wanted that bad to see and really made an effort to make it happen. My sickness was washed away. God You are extremely amazing! She did hug me like I am a friend. I couldn’t really find words.
I am very happy.
I can say that her life has been a living sacrifice for God. She has switched over courses to get hold of, because she felt God wants her to be more in playing a game. Because He knew she can stir up or even persuade people to feel very blessed that we have an overly amazing God. Feel envious that she can do that :)
This has to be now. I have to be honest, before, I saw this too down. I know some people who’ve been playing for many years, they shift courses from time to time to prolong their stays in a school so they can still play. And I don’t get it why they sacrifice their studies to play.
Always thought it’s always a STUDY FIRST. Guess I was wrong. We always have this mantra that, we play so we can study. But thank You Lord God, thank You for Cha, I have a new one. From now on, I play and I study, both in line of glorifying the Almighty!
I like how she has weighed these settings in her life, of where she can more glorify the Lord. She has given up dentistry, I anticipate that’s just for a while, to seek God. Cha, I hope you don’t stop chasing your goal in becoming a dentist. It will really take time but we can always have all the time in the world.
If they’d ask me to complement one word to “Cha Cruz”, I have this one in my mind… “CHRIST.”
Yes I am pressuring you. Pressuring you the hardest to become Christ-like more. Of course I myself am pushing really hard to be more like Him too.
This day is really coming.
She will never play volleyball anymore.
Maybe there ain’t chances that she can play.
That she will just be a CHA CRUZ that was ONCE a volleyball player,
but
I would definitely still love her. To that I’m certain.

Knowing she has been a very good child of God makes me keep on writing more about the Lord’s greatness through her and me and other people. Cha is a volleyball superstar in the eyes of everyone, BUT FOR ME, SHE IS A SISTER OF CHRIST <3
LISTEN. Thank you to all of you who have been spending time to read this blog.
BUT IT IS REALLY NOT ME. IT IS GOD WHO IS WORKING IN ME.
(Evident Veins And Callused Hands…)

I was lil afraid that people would feel even better about me, or about Cha, instead to the Lord. But it made me less worried when someone left a comment, “Nakakabless naman ang blog mo Dang!” Yes, fulfilled! That was my goal actually! To make people feel the best about the Lord! That is why when they say, “Ang galing galing mo naman!” I wanted to die out because I feel TOO SMALL, JUST TOO SMALL compare to the Lord who has done that, not me. I even say to them, “Uy baka tamaan ako ng kidlat nyan! Si God lang the best!” Always to God be all the glory alone.

But thank you guys for your compliments, somehow it keeps me going! I feel like, once in my life, I became a piece of equipment to be an evidence for God’s greatness to people. And I just had to put it into words.


When I have checked my stats, it was incredibly overawing but I have to have power over it. I couldn’t believe it has gotten more than a hundred likes in fb and has reached thousand and two hundred views. GOD IS INCREDIBLE. HE DESERVES ALL OF THOSE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FROM EVERY SQUARE MILLIMETERS OF MY LOVING HEART! <3
One night I’m having this convo with Pb on Twitter.
She tweeted, “Honestly, hindi pa nag-si-sink-in saken na wala na siya sa team, not until I read your blog. Naiyak talaga ako.”
I AM VERY SORRY. Sorry that I made you feel that she is already a WAS. That I had to make you realize what I’m feeling. I am very sorry. Felt a need to say this to someone, so I won’t feel too lonely and left alone. I am very sorry L Just too disgraceful of me T.T
“JUST TOO LATE. Sinking in, I remember it’s Cha’s very last game. LAST  GAME. Where on earth have I been?”
I am troubled and cheerless. I had started enthusiastically to write this but I became discouraged. Sad that after this post, there ain’t next coming. Here comes the frustration of lacking subject again for my blog posts.
“We find courage to stand when we kneel before the Lord.” #ODB

GOD WILL PROVIDE! I knew that it wouldn’t be forever that she’s goin to be a subject of the blog, but I’m still in so much happiness. I want to thank her personally but whenever she’s around I turn out to be unspeaking.

Cha, thank you! Thank you for sharing this to me. Thank you for making me realize the real gist of doin your paramount to exalt the Lord. Thank you for being one of the reasons that I became so much able to write these things. THANK YOU FOR THAT SHORT TIME OF KNOWING YOU. Thank you for playing volleyball. THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME WRITE ABOUT YOU. I just couldn’t say more than a THANK YOU SO MUCH. I thank God for you. C’mon gimme a hug? :p
This post is just actually a one-off. A piece of great blessings from above. It just happened. I’m in awe of You. I’m ecstatic. I’m delighted. I’m overjoyed. High.
Thank you sending me sweet messages about the blog. If I could just hug you one by one, I would definitely do that. Most of them were saying I am so lucky to meet Cha but..
NO, I AM NOT LUCKY, I AM VERY BLESSED.
Remember what I’ve shared to you on how good our God is? That whatever you ask in His name, it will be given to you. You have to claim it as if you have received it already. Hold on to what God has promised us.
Cha’s favorite verse, “Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart, commit your way to the Lord, trust in Him, and He will do this.” - Psalm 37:4-5
Another, also Rachelle Ann Go’s, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.”  - Proverbs 3:5

Seek God. Knock the door and it will be opened.

This is my TESTIMONY OF GOD’S YES.

My story is just one of the infinite proofs that there is really a LIVING GOD.
I once have called this a mission impossible but, GOD IS VERY ABLE.

Luke 1:37 says, “For with God, nothing will be impossible.”
Matthew 19:26, “With men this is impossible but with God, all things are possible.”

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY ALONE!

“TRUE GODLINESS IS ACHIEVED NOT BY ELEVATING OURSELVES BUT BY LOWERING OURSELVES.” – JULIE ACKERMAN LINK

IT TAKES A HUMBLE HEART TO CARRY OUT GOD’S WILL.

GOD BLESS US ALL TREMENDOUSLY! SPREAD THE LOVE!

Let’s pray that this will not be the last blog I am goin to make about her. I hope I will bump into her one of these days and have her real thoughts be in the blog too. It’s like a join force blog. Please Cha? No pressure :)
I’d really love to hear something from all of you. Tweet me guys. twitter.com/DAAAAAAANG
Please feel free to message me in my FB account if you have something to ask over or say, search my name, see it below
J


When I feel extremely bad of knowing someone who’ll eventually go, I wish I just didn’t know them. (weeps)
                                                                                                          
                                                                                                                                         Yours in all honesty, Dang Lising <3

Comments

  1. Hi Dang,
    You too is such an inspiration proving God's goodness and power and His amazing grace. It does radiates and one can truly say that God is alive.
    I would like to thank you for an inspiring blog for my daugther. Sorry can't contain not to comment.
    Heard and read her testimonies but I guess m the living proof of how she has evolved and lived her life. Only by God's grace. Kami din namamangha sa kabutihan NYA sa buhay naming mag-iina.
    There are many times of troubled times we spent in decision making towards her volleyball career. 3rd grade pa lang sya she wNtwd to be a dentist already, but selfishly she opted to play so to help me with her scholarship, that leads to scholarships of her siblings as well.
    I remember she was crying not to be able to pursue dentistry bec she doesn't want to lose the sibling's scholarship. I do know its a sacrifice for her. She and the rest of her siblings are such a very good children that I am so proud to have.
    And I am very sure that out of those sacrifices, and being obedient to her parents,and to God's plan for her made her reap what she sowed. Unimaginable. Only God's design to one's life na nagpapasakop.
    Nagtatawanan kami kasi when she first start playing volleyball, kakapit sya sa net para makapalo ng bola. And only through God's mighty power , love and graces who can imagine that He will ANOINT her and use her to inspire others, inside and outside court and become the CHA CRuz we know today.
    I am blessed too like you having known her. And I can't help praising God of such a privelege.
    More power to you and keep on pressing to your goal. Be focused.
    Like you , I am the first in the family who became a Christian. Sarado,sagradong ibang sekta,so you can imagine. But I hold on to HIS promise too, na Ang buong sambahayan ililigtas Nya. And looking back, di Nya ako binigo. God is true to His promises. Evryone will fail you one or the other, but not our God. We will pray for your family. Continue to walk couragiously through His grace.
    And be blessed and share the talent God gave you. More power to your bright future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat po Ma'am! Sobrang nagpapasalamat ako kay Lord kase though it's kinda too funny, but He's been using many people in the world, people that I don't personally know pero He uses them para may matutunan ako from them :)Salamat po sa inyo kase you've been there para i-watch sila, that without you I might have not known her as Cha that she is today, great job po on raising them :) Natutuwa ako na Cha has been very humble talaga, I know and I feel it, I haven't known her for a long time pero the way she plays, after every point she makes, she would just turn around and smile and scream ONE TEAM FIGHT! Sobrang natutuwa ako kay Lord, at talagang nakita ko how almighty He is through her way of living. As a frustrated blogger who's off all the time coz of lacking of subject, sobrang it's a life changing when God has provided me something to write. I couldn't say more. Thank You Lord God.

      Ako po, 18 years of age, I'm the first Christian in the family, it's too hard for me to win my family pero in God's perfect time, I will be able to win them :)

      Maraming salamat po. Sobrang maraming salamt, I really appreciate this comment, was a lil too down nowadays pero holding on to what God has promised me, so yun po! Thank you for spending your time to read this very long blog. God bless you and your family tremendously! :) We'll be praying for all of you too po :) Ingat po dyan kung asan man kayo :)

      All glories and praises be to God alone po :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts