Memories Gone

 

There are things we can never bring back, but still feel grateful they happened.

If I would go back in the past, I wouldn't change a thing, I would only revisit those moments where earth felt like a glimpse of heaven, exaggerating yes, but those nights I slept with a true happy heart. There was happiness back then. Happiness existed.

It's a shame, my brain fails to remember those moments. I see photos but can't recall the conversation that took place. I want to remember what we've talked. I want to remember what was laughing about. I want to remember why I picked that dress on that Sunday. I want to remember why he was crying on that photo. I want to remember how it feels to walk with you. I want to remember those quiet moments but never felt awkward about them. I hate how I just forgot all of those memories.

I guess, the reason why we forget them is that we are ought to live in the moment, to live today, to choose the people we want to have and work it out to make them stay, and that past is something we will really eventually forget and leave behind. 

Memories disappear because they transform to being part of you, they made you, you.

Good old days, but better new days :)

Comments

Popular Posts