Worse than Betrayal?

I guess one of the worst things you’ll ever do to a friend is not only betrayal, but also to teach him to depend on you. 

You’re bringing a person into a greater destruction—the person won’t be able to stand alone when he has to, because everyone failed to teach him. 

Not too sure if I'm just living myself as an introvert religiously, but I get scared so much when some relationships start to build up and take so much time from me and affects me so much. I am carefully taking care of my inner peace, and so because humans are moving creatures, susceptible to changes, finite and indecisive, I get so scared with new people. That's why my goal when meeting people is always to teach and influence them that they can do things alone, and be independent. Yes that benefits me, but really it's more for people so they can learn not to depend so much on changing people, coz that's a fact. 

Also that's just me trying to minimise the disappointments in life, AND that's educating our relationships. 

We often miss the part of education in friendships. We often think friendships are but relationships. It's true though, but the educational aspect of a relationship must be nurtured in order for the people in the relationship to grow individually and together as well.

Very important to surround yourself into people that you can learn from. However, do we then just choose these "amazing" people to be our friends? You miss the point then, wherever you are, you can always learn things when you set your mind to think that you can always learn from everything, and everyone no matter what. 

In fact, direct experiences are more beneficial as it triggers all our senses making learning easier for us. Indirect experiences, however, such as our bookish friends who read things from a book but didn't really experience it, makes the learning challenging and slow.

Sorry if it turned out to be like a textbook, this is a blog for sure. 

Conclusion, you learn a lot from your friends BUT it's also our responsibility to educate them when necessary. 

That's all, bye


Comments

Popular Posts